Tuesday, August 3, 2010

lesson learnt.

*long post ahead*
hi. yes, its 3 pm right now. am supposed to be in school but i JUST HAD MY VIOLIN EXAM!

everyone else is in school. can't wait for everyone to come back so i can talk to them.

anyway, this is what happened today.

i woke up in the morning at 9 feeling so nervous! i was panicking. i tried playing my violin. and everything just seemed to sound so WRONGGGGG. it was out of tune. i couldnt hit certain notes. my fingers suddenly felt so short.
so, my cousin came over and we decided to watch a movie. at first, i wanted to watch a nice comedy to calm my nerves but the only interesting movie on was ''PHONEBOOTH'' (yes, a thriller -_-) the movie was pretty tensed.
had my lunch and had one last practice. everything felt a little better once i had myself to relax.
but i know i wont be relaxed once i am in the exam room.

anyway,
when i reached the place, i was the first one up after the examiners had their lunch. i wondered whether it was a good thing.
soon, it was my turn.
when my name was called, my heart was beating so fast.
i entered the room and greeted the examiner.
HE LOOKED YOUNG! i swear he looks familiar.
he looked like this!
yes, this is hugh grant. but they both had the same hair!

then, i played my scales first.
messed up my C major slurred scale, my D minor slurred scaled.

ARGH!
then, i was asked to call in my accompanist (my violin teacher)
first piece went well, till the middle, WHERE I SUDDENLY STOPPED! but continued *phew*
second piece, was uber racy + gan cheong. i could feel my fingers shake.
third piece was fine, i guess. messed up a little :X.

YES, I AM NO PRO AT VIOLIN OKAY.
then, it was sight reading.
the only thing i can say is that, I DIDNT KNOW WHAT THE HECK I WAS PLAYING!

then it was aurals.
the first part was the part where i was supposed to sing after what he had played, i did okay lah.
then, it was the part where he plays something twice and i was asked to identify the articulation and the tonality.
*played a part of a music twice* (in my head, i heard something rather happy and classical)
examiner : What is the articulation of that? was it smooth or detached?
me : (what the heck is detached? was it smooth? it was pretty smooth and happy. WAS IT DETACHED OR NOT?) detached :)
examiner : *shows a fake grin*
me : (OMG. WHAT THE HELL WAS DETACHED?)

we then continued with some other test.

examiner : alright, thank you. and youre done :D.

i walked out of the door. and the first thing i said to my teacher was

me : TEACHER! WHAT THE HECK WAS DETACHED?
teacher : it means staccato.
me : STACCATO? WHAAAAAAAAT? I SAID DETACHED JUST NOW. it was so not STACCATO! ahhhhhhhhhh.
teacher: dont worry. its the past now. but your pieces were out of tune.
me : I KNOW.

anyway,
it made me think of something after this.

i've done VERY BAD in my violin exams. that means, i must be good at one field..... somewhere.
and so, i told myself, today i embarrassed myself.
BUT I AM NOT GONNA EMBARRASS MYSELF WHEN I COLLECT MY SPM RESULTS IN MARCH 2011.

i will work hard for it. NEVER the same effort i put in for my violin exams -_-.
i can't fail in BOTH. that will just be the ultimate failure in life.

so,
leng, shuk, yee ling, wei yeen, pat, farah, and brenda, it will be super cool when we go up on stage during march and all of us scores straight As.

LET'S BE SMART NERDS FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR NOW, SHALL WE? 8)
we've had our fun for the past 7 months.


feon-na.


No comments:

Post a Comment